Monday, March 24, 2014

Written A Couple Weeks Ago

Hey Furpals-Could it really be? Has Spring,sprung on the prairie?
I finally had a whole week,I could go outside! The past 2 days
were the coldest with 34 and 23 today. It was only 16 at 10:30
this morning, when Grandma jerked the covers off ME! She grabbed 
my sweater,out we went! I made it to the other side of the patio,
piddled and ran back inside! I mean,I think froze my tinkie !!!!!

How could she do that to me?????After all,she couldn't sleep
last night. 90 minutes in bed,she got up and finished her book.
Managed to wake Gpa and myself up! We weren't having any 
trouble sleeping. We were snug, as 2 little bugs in the bed......
I waited and waited! She didn't come back,so I had to drag
myself out of the toasty bed and check on her. I've been on
nursing duty all week. They both caught a bug at sausage making 
day...So, I find her in the sunroom reading away. She's alive,
so back to bed I went. They keep the house at 65 at night.
Just a little crispy for me!  This is why I sleep in the middle 
of the big bed. Bouncing their heat back and forth to keep me
warm. Doxies are snugglers and burrow into the covers...

I was not a happy camper, about the temperature this morning!
Honestly, they don't use the outhouse...So,why should I?????
I have 2 perfectly good potty stations in the house. 1 in the
bathroom and 1 in the entry. It's the only place I potty ALL
WINTER LONG! Gma would freeze to death before I potty in 
sub-zero temps,rain,blowing snow or high winds....This morning,
I needed extra Z's......She slept in,since it was 3:30 last time she
saw the clock! I'm wore to a frazzle nursing them both all week!

Back to the weather...The temperatures the rest of the week 
hung at 48. Thursday it was 54,what a surprise! We had plenty
of sunshine this week. The dirty snow has melted,leaving piles
where Gpa pushed with the tractor. The ice in the rain gutters is 
melting. We have slush and icy spots. Alot of standing waterholes,
since the ground is only defrosted a couple inches down. The 
frost line went 8 feet deep this year. Winter arrived in early November.
Everyday the cattle corrals are a little sloppier. I don't know
how Gpa drags himself through them with the 5 gallon buckets
of grain for the calves. He's a tough old bird,almost as strong as
Superman! It was tough this past week,he worked without his cape!

Nicer weather,Gma decided her and I had to start walking again.
This was dandy,when I was free to go, wherever I wanted to go!
Mid-week Gpa was hauling out some old cows to the sales ring.
Gma was afraid,I'd decide I wanted to HELP! Sometimes, I think
I am a cattle pup! So, she pulled out a harness and put it over 
my sweater and off we went. No.1-I don't think much of a harness
No.2-Who said, I wanted to walk on the county road? No.3-Just
how far,does she think,I'm going? Haven't walked the road since
last fall???????

It's 1/2 mile round trip to the mailbox. I was good with that,after
all it was in the 40's. When she started south at the box.....OMD!
Don't tell me? Does she think, we are walking down to the neighbors?
It's a mile plus, one-way!  I kept looking over my tail and the 
mailbox was growing smaller and smaller to my little eyes....
I just sat down and went on STRIKE!!!!! Crazy old lady,isn't
remembering we both are a little out of shape....Sporting a little
extra weight from all the cookies, we ate this winter! I just had to 
save her from herself! I knew, she wouldn't drag me! I knew, she 
wouldn't carry me that far....Finally, she said, ready to go home?

Now you're talking doxie! We turned around and I went wide open
back to the mailbox. Gpa had left with the cattle,so she took the
leash off AND I beat her to the house! I'm thinking she's more
out of shape, than I am! I saw a couple geese and squirrels  on
my outings. I haven't seen any flocks of honkers heading north yet!
Big surprise is: we think every sparrow in the county,wintered in
my yard! There is nasty sparrow poop everywhere! Covering the
siding,flowerbeds,patio,under the bushes and big trees. It will
take a good rain to wash all that nasty stuff away. 

Suppose to have another week of 40's,starting tomorrow. Sure 
hope so,as I'm in the mood to start looking for mice! I love trying
to catch them. Lazy gophers stay in the holes until May,sometimes
longer. I'll have time to hunt,while Gma tries to rake up all the 
sticks and twigs. Pile up all the larger branches the wind tore out 
of the trees. She'd rather I look for mice....since my idea of helping
IS break the sticks into twigs,so they don't weigh so much for
an old person....I don't know why,she doesn't appreciate that 
assistance?

Well,I hear the dryer....We washed all my velour blankets...I have
one for every piece of furniture,plus my 3 beds. Still adjusting my 
tummy to the time change. Almost time for my supper. I have to 
help Gma fix it...They have their appetites back, but not their energy!
I saw her defrost a nice T-bone. Serving with salad,wild rice pilaf
and green beans. I have some venison in the fridge for me. I now
split my evening between Gpa and Gma. So, Gpa won't miss Precious 
so much. I've stopped looking for her in the house. Still looking 
for her, when I go outside. I'm still a little confused on the 
Rainbow Bridge. She was fine,busy pestering and teasing me...
Then all of a sudden,she was a Kitty Angel....No one had a chance
to say good-bye!

See ya later,hugs and kisses,mazy





4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Precious became a kitty angel. Hopes ya gets to enjoy some of dat T-bone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Precious... sending hugs to your family...
    8 feet deep? Oh my dog, that is some kind of cold! Spring has sprung here-- hope it is there to stay at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazy, we were so saddened when Precious passed. We know she has found Foxie and Baby at the Bridge already! We are also hoping the spring is finally on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather has been up and down around here. Some days springy and others more like winter..Dogatary is on information overload. Poor old lady! If things weren't confusing enough....add the touch/windows 8 laptop in there and it's Crazy. We're doing our Best, but it is slow going. I demanded she change chairs, so I could see and try to keep her Calm! Thanks pals, I know Precious is very happy at the bridge. She has perfect weather! I now have spring fever!!!! I just need spring to level out and stay nice.....hugs to all,mazy

    ReplyDelete